We used corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST).
We love the tubing because:
1) Easier to route
The tubing is reasonably flexible, so running the tubing through walls and the bulkhead was very eaily
2) Fewer Connections
Because it is flexible you can make tight turns. We actually have only two connections and those are the ones on either end: 1) the one shown in the picture - which is the external connection, and 2) the second connection will be to the appliance itself.
3) No Special Tools Required
We required no special tools. The connectors art each end are attached easily with just two pipe wrenches.
To find more about corrugated stainless steel pipe here are a few links:
- www.gastite.com - a manufacture of CSST
- Installation Guide from Gastite
- An alternative to traditional threaded black-iron gas piping
- Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing: A Good Choice for the Short Run
I future posts I will be exploring my travels with installing the gas line and its connection to the tankless water heater.
11 Rules for Venting a Tankless Water Heater (Gas)
Installing the Tankless Water Heater