Another emerging approach is to use a 1-2 cm foam coating on the concrete wall. This is the approach we used. Incidentally, this is also the favourite practice on the TV renovation show "Holmes on Homes".
The spray foam approach is not inexpensive but is definitely superior to the 6 mil approach in a number of ways:
- Save on heating and cooling as spray foam provides added insulation - about R-7 value per inch of thickness
- A better seal against moisture and air as it creates a complete vapour barrier behind and integrated with the wall framing
- They have two sizes(200 & 600 BD ft) and two types (fast & slow rise)
- They ship next day in most cases
- Gave a quickie lesson on how to use it with important tip on the phone - when I ordered - AND maintain a call line for support
- The kit and instructions were simple and very easy to use.
- Provided all the accessories like the HASMAT hooded suit and air breather
- The Tiger Foam 600 bd. ft. Kit - FR
- How to use the spray foam kit
- Tips on DIY Spray foam