The issue at hand is the furniture needs to come out of my home on or before May 15th, the closing date of the sale of my home but the cottage will not be ready to accept the furniture until likely this fall. Where do I put the furniture as our new home is already furnished - the benefit of marrying a woman with a furnished high-rise condo!
I had initially planned on using a new local storage facility run by Dymon Self Storage, and in fact I have a small storage space there right now. I love the model that Dymon has created:
- Storage is inside, heated, very secure
- Access is 24-7
- Loading docks are all inside - this is great during the winter
- It is clean, safe and just simply a great place
The PODS solution really fits for our situation in that:
- I only load and unload the furniture once.
- No rush to fill the container.
- No trucks to book, pay for and drive.
- PODS will deliver the storage container to the Cottage when I need it
- A PODS container will arrive the morning of May 10th
- I will go golfing in the afternoon
- On May 11th my sons and I will leisurely pack the POD
- On May 12th PODS will come and retrieve it and store it until I need it delivered