What was different for the Wall versus the Floor?
The process is pretty much the same, but here are a few diffences:
- Gravity is working against you all the time. Be patient -- use lots of tile spacers
- While we used adhesive for both the floor and wall tiles generally adhesive is used only for the wall tiles.
- We had to make a cut out for one tile. For the floor we choose our tiles and pattern so that we did not have and cuts to make. This was a pain because I needed to ask a friend to cut the tile and it took a few weekends before I got it back.
- The molding is different for the wall tile. It has to be more of an 'L'-shape to cover the side of the tile against the wall.
- Be patient...
- Make sure you create the appropriate space below the first row of tiles -- use lots of spaces. You need this space when you grout.